AJ Marshall sells manganese steel plates that have an extremely high level of wear resistance when subjected to shock or high impact pressure.
Manganese is a non-magnetic type of steel that has superior wear resistance and the manganese steel plate is ideal to use in situations where abrasion, impact, or lubrication difficulties are encountered.
The work hardened surface does not affect the retention of the tough interior.
In the past, it was used primarily to construct prison bars but is now often used to build safes, bullet-proof cabinets and anti-drill plates.
Manganese steel is also used for its low coefficient of friction in metal-to-metal applications and to repair scrap items.
Creusabro® M is high Manganese, fully austenitic; quench annealed, non-magnetic, work-hardening steel with an exceptionally high level of wear resistance when subjected to work-hardening by shock or high impact pressure in service. The main characteristics are a superior wear resistance: Severe wear on the surface has a work-hardening effect on the austenitic structure of this steel.
• Quarries and Construction: Earth moving crusher jaw, grizzly, screen, stone chute, chain guide and spreader plates, shovel buckets.
• Mines, Coal mines: Bucket blade of loader (underground mining), parts of chain conveyor, sprocket wheel, various armouring elements.
• Iron industry, Foundry: Guiding and shifting plates, scraps container, liner of shot blasting unit, pedestal liner, flanged bolster cup, wear liners.
• Parpen concrete factories, Brickworks: Core and dividing wall of parpen mould, grinding mill scraper, mixer paddle, shake-out table etc.
• Scraps – recoveries: Wheel disk, striker and hammer mill.
• Automotive Industries: Shot blasting equipment.
• It is also used for its low coefficient of friction in metal-to-metal applications,
• Its non-magnetic properties in electrical transformer assemblies and for industrial lifting magnets.
Read more on our brochure below.
Please see below a list of Data Sheets. These can be viewed / downloaded in PDF format simply by clicking which one you would like.
WORK HARDENING PLATE